App using CustomListView works using companion but apk crashes

Hello guys, I have this problem using CustomListView extension in Android 11 so I designed a simple and little test app to show what happens. I think I should have not designed anything strange...
CustomListView extension is: com.sumit1334.listview.aix
TestCustomListView.aia (192.6 KB)

Developer does indicate that not all features of the extension work with AI2

Well, seems to me that nothing works building the APK but I hope some workaround exists because as you may see the test app works perfectly using companion.

@iamwsumit might want to check...
EDIT: see also The blocks area did not load properly - #30 by Sumit1334

If you are asking for help, I recommend you to make it as easy for others to be able to help you ...
You probably will get more feedback then...

which means in your case post a screenshot of your relevant blocks...

To download the aia file, upload it to App Inventor, open it, do some bug hunting for you, etc... this takes time, and most people will not do that...
Thank you.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

OK, thanks. I thought was better post the aia but I can post both so everyine may be happy. So here there is the image of my app bloks, it is just a test to show the

problem.

Even an empty app (no blocks) with only this extension crashes (with the APK).
Also with targetSdkVersion = 30 (Android 11).

So there is no possibility to see it working..

Correct.

Looking at your blocks, you should be able to use the native listview ?

May be, I tryed to use the extension because it is simple to associate the list to a container to reserve space to other GUI widgets.

You can put the native listview inside an arrangement

Yes, seems there is no reason for me to use an extension instead listview.

A post was split to a new topic: Scan view Extension issue

You should have checked the logs instead of querying the android versions.

CustomListView extension works with recycler view, since it was made for Kodular, I have not compiled the recycler view library in the extension as it gets automatically compiled in the built app in Kodular. This helped me to reduce the size of the extension but for other builders, the recycler view does not get compiled. As far as I can guess the crash is caused by the missing library. The solution for other builders is that: drag an inbuilt component that uses the recycler view library (in AI2, the listview component uses it, so dragging it would do the job).

Thanks

2 Likes

I haven't been on Kodular for months (for good reasons) and therefore didn't read the description of the extension there. Since the OP posted a test aia (with the extension), I just tested that.

The requirements for using the extension should also (not least) be mentioned here:

grafik

I put an unused and not visible ListView but apk does not work, it crashes after some milliseconds.

Try this one:

yes, this works. What did you change/modify?