App inventor not able to compile apk

What do you mean by that: at least one sound?
Every sound should be stored in the assets or somewhere in order to be able to play it.

I think he means that the compiler has to create an "assets" folder in the APK file. To do this, there must be at least one file added to the media in AppInventor.

When there are no files in the media, there is no "assets" folder in the apk and the app may not take into account the files added there after decompiling the apk?

Ah, I see, but it is no problem to add the assets folder containing the sound files after decompiling the APK.

I deleted all the sounds in the media. I only left the images in the media storage.

After compiling, I added all the sounds with APK Editor to the assets. After installation, I got this error 701 which I could still not explain. The assets folder was there, because of the images which remains in the online media storage.
I just tried to upload one sound and repeated compiling. After installation, everything worked fine. I did not change anything to the procedure, just reuploaded one sound.
It is a little bit amazing, but now it works :wink:

1 Like

Strange, but I can confirm it. However, it can also be any MP3 file, not just the ones used.

I'll look into that in more detail later. I have been using this approach for almost 10 years and have at least some small mp3 files in the assets for testing, so this problem has remained hidden from me. But good to know.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, it was due to this line/lines was missing in apktool.yml file

bild

https://groups.google.com/g/apptomarket/c/esSpnHQ3BzQ/m/mW4s0YpwBAAJ

2 Likes

grafik
I couldn't remember this thread at all. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.