API 29 required for Google Play

As I tried to load one of my apps (Randomly - in AI Gallery) developed in AI2 to Google Play I got the following message ...

"Apps must target API level 29 . When you upload an APK, it needs to meet Google Play's target API level requirements. By August 3, 2020, new apps must target ..."

I was told that the compiled AI@ apk file was level 28. Will this be updated anytime soon? Or is there, or will there be some app that can make changes once compiled.

From what I can determine from my searches to do this is that the procedure is "above my pay grade."

Since the change is to occur Aug. 3, I think that there's a good chance my app will get listed "just under the wire," but updates will not be allowed.

dantastic

Actually Google Play's newest requirements are

which states

• August 3rd, 2020New apps must target Android 10 (API 29).
  • November 2nd, 2020All apps and app updates must target Android 10 (API 29).

MIT intends to target API 29 soon with nb184 (either later this week or sometimes next week when they make their regular version update),

You should be fine Dan. Existing apps can be updated using API 28 through November 2.

https://developer.android.com/distribute/play-policies

Yes, the SDK 29 update is staged on ai2-test.appinventor.mit.edu for testing. We're hoping to release it sometime next week. You're welcome to import your app there and try it out.

WHILE UPLOADING I WAS RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN GOOGLE PLAY STORE PLEASE KINDLY HELP ME ANY ONE TORESOLVE THIS PROBLEM

YOUR APP CURRENTLY TARGETS API LEVEL 28 AND MUST TARGET ATLEAST API LEVEL 29 TO ENSURE IT IS BUILT ON THE LATEST APIS S OPTIMIZED FOR SECURITY AND PERFORMANCE

FROM AUGUST 2020 NEW APPS MUST TARGET AT LEAST ANDROID 10 (API LEVEL 29)
FROM NOVEMBER 2020 APP UPDATES MUST TARGET ANDROID 10 (API LEVEL 29)

It is a warning, not a requirement, just yet

MIT have this in hand....

Please no CAPS LOCK. Thank you.
Taifun

http://theoatmeal.com/pl/minor_differences/capslock

8 Likes