AI2Offline apk causes Wacatac virus on Windows Defender

They asked me to send a CAB file in the virus details page, but I haven’t found a way to do so. And I’m not sure how am I going to fix this? Now real Ai2 apks are now flagged and my older apks from last year too.

Also, if I mark the temp folder exceptional, what if a virus unrelated to Ai2 somehow gets into the folder, I don’t want viruses running without my knowledge.

Now its happening with MIT Ai2 apps that I do not own!!!
I think MIT will have to contact Microsoft about this.

2 Likes

Just have to say it. You are so busy with your privacy but choose to use Windows. :wink:

I use Linux for almost 25 years now because of my privacy and safety. Never had a virus.

3 Likes

I've been using Windows more than 30 years (Windows 3.0, 1990) and have had a few virus/trojan problems since Windows XP and later. I had to remove these very carefully and thoroughly (and also completely reinstall Windows once or twice).

2 Likes

Well I have been using Windows for over 2 decades, but never had a virus from AppInventor from the last 9 years.

I guess MS has to know about this. I have reported MS already, but they don't listen to user feedbacks :frowning:

1 Like

Here is my Defender system information:

Antimalware Client Version: 4.18.2205.7 (I think it's July 5, 2022 build)
Engine Version: 1.1.19400.3
Antivirus Version: 1.371.394.0
Antispyware Version: 1.371.394.0

Reply if you do have the same exact info, and whether you get Wacatac false positive.

I also scanned some of my APKs with Malwarebytes and it said no threats so I can confirm that this is 100% false positive.

So much for reporting this problem...

1 Like

Windows Defender antivirus version has changed about 2 days ago and now I no longer get those false positive warnings after installing numerous of my apks using NoxPlayer. I think MS found out about this issue and finally fixed it, but I will need to use Ai2Offline for a whole week to make sure the issue has been completely eradicated before MIT needs to release a new App Inventor version.

1 Like

It's because I reported about it.

1 Like

If that were actually true, :wink: that would be a great achievement. :+1:

1 Like

really I did report it.

I forced MS to check mine and others' feedback, and they did!

1 Like

May I know how you "forced" MS to do this?
I would also like to get some of the big tech giants to do or not do certain things... :wink:

2 Likes

I raised a complain against them by repeatedly sending same message over and over again (spamming). That is what I meant by "forced". They do have different meanings, right?

1 Like