AdMob implementation

Same at my end!
When I created the .apk to check, it did show the ad on 1 screen, and then on screen 2 it displayed the test one, but nothing on screens 3, and 4. Thus I uploaded the app to the Play Store to see it all works but It hasn't.
If you don't mind I have screenshots of blocks and components for each screen; is there a mistake there perhaps? Thank you!

Oscar Medina Matiz

1 Like

Blocks are looking ok.

Can it be because I don't have the app-ads.txt on th root of my site?( I can't do it with Bootstrap hosting, yet) Thank you

1 Like

I think no. It should be working without it.

Ok, then Thank you!

Welcome
How are you
I am a beginner app developer*
I used your Admob tool and when I try it on AI Companion I get this error:
A required meta-data tag in your app's AndroidManifest.xml does not exist. You must have the following declaration within the element:
Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds.
What is the solution?
I used the extensions from the following link: [OUTDATED][Free] Admob Extension - Add different types of AdMob ads in your application
Note that English is not my mother tongue, so I used | (Google Translate)

1 Like

Hi, the extension you are using is outdated. You need to look alternative adbmob extensions here:

1 Like

I did not find free replacement accessories in this link

1 Like

Can you help me on this dilemma?
Thank you

1 Like

It isnt feasible by the community members to support something that has been outdated for years. You can watch the tutorials, videos etc mentioned in the topic and can experiment to find the problem.

Just so that I can let you know, you are testing extension in companion, try to build the app instead and you need to learn to include meta-data tag elements to manifest as the error says. You can find details about it in the topic.

But you cannot expect support to be provided to this issue.

1 Like

what about you writing your own extension and providing it for free for the community?

more information about how to create an extension see the App Inventor Extensions document
however that will be more advanced and will require some Java skills...

you might want to consider:

You can start learning all you need to learn to do it, then do it, after long days of trying things, testing and failing, all in your spare time, leaving other things you like to do for this.
Then after all that time and intellect invested, just give it out for free so everyone can make money with it except you.
Sounds awesome right? :thinking: :no_mouth:
(by @Italo)

Taifun

1 Like

I tried exporting it as apk but it doesn't open on the phone
I'll be making an extension for this and thanks for the encouragement
Anyway, thank you for responding and behaving well with me

1 Like

Hello, Use this one it worked for me so far: [Free] Admob Extension - Add different types of AdMob ads in your application - Extensions - Kodular Community

1 Like

:+1: :+1:

Well, you said earlier

The purpose of ads extension is to show ads... without showing ads, it is useless, isn't it?

The admob extension from @oseamiya has been marked as outdated. It does not matter if you download it from the App Inventor community or the Kodular community, it is the same extension.
It has not been updated to newer sdks anymore. Last update was in September 2022. Users have been getting error messages while uploading the app to Google Play. Others do not get ads displayed. Another word for outdated is "does not work anymore".

Let us know, if you successfully get ads displayed in production, not only in test... Good luck!

Taifun

1 Like

It did show ads when testing!

Hello, Just to let you know that my app is now showing ads! The solution: I had the blocks wrong and some of you said that they looked good!

1 Like

Can you send some pictures of your blocks?

It may be my mistake

Sure, Here is it!

Take care, and you welcome!

1 Like

I will try to apply what you did and I will tell you the result

1 Like