3D Model Loader Extension

Is this supposed to be like that? I tested the aia you sent me, I don't have much knowledge of how things work on android 11.

1 Like

are you using the latest companion app?
Taifun

4 Likes

Android 9 and 11:

3 Likes

Sorry, should be:

3 Likes

Okay, I got the issue, the AppInventor is returning the file path in the form of gnu.lists.FString and not a regular Java String and it's causing issues.

These strings should be forced to convert to a normal type of string by the AppInventor to keep it formal, and the other thing is I'm taking the parameter as a raw object.

E AndroidRuntime: com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.errors.YailRuntimeError: Cannot find file name '/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/edu.mit.appinventor.aicompanion3/files/AppInventor/assets/N916MU.obj' of type class gnu.lists.FString

By the time, note down the result of the If else block that returns a path and directly pass it to the model.

3 Likes

Something like this should work. At the moment, you have to pass the value for "model" directly like this.

Or maybe this:

23.10.2021_00.03.08_REC

3 Likes

This works on all Android versions:

6 Likes

I'm struggling with this 3D modell extension. Sorry for the basic question but where can i find the marked blocks? Do i need additional aix or just the Model1.

Or can you please send me a working aia?
Thank you in advance,

1 Like

Drag in the File component, then build the blocks from those on offer.

1 Like

Thanks a lot:-), it is working now...:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kumaraswamy Hello sir, I just wanted to know. How’s the V2 progress so far. If ready or close to that kindly reply. So that I can start a project in advance. Thank you

1 Like

Version two is kind of ready but a few things are needed.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. Now I can start my project. Eagerly waiting for it. Thank You sir.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for this great extension! Works pretty well. Is there a way to control the rotations of the 3D object by values from sliders or recieved from BLE instead of wiping over the touch?

1 Like

Yeah, that is actually possible, but i haven't released that version :sweat_smile:

1 Like

nice extension!!

2 Likes

Ok, so I'm happily waiting for the realease and the message from the subscribed thread here :+1: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Training my broken arm/hand will be much more funny with movement detected by a gyroscope and visualized and documented in a app! :joy:

2 Likes

is glb model supporteed?

1 Like

Is this correct?

Why not working?

1 Like

Hello Kumaraswamy, just wanted to know about the version 2. It’s been a month now. I am even willing to pay for that. I request you to complete the version 2 build as soon as possible. :pray:t2:

3 Likes