How to store sub-data in Firebase? (For an online quiz app)

I think it's possible, but I've never tried web components

Same with me but I found a tutorial in the community itself : https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/t/firebase-with-web-component/ but it is very confusing.

what if you make it like this
blocks

Append Value is a good option but how will I get rid of the older values?

hmm, I think append value is a bad way

I think I should close this topic because I have to present the app at 1:00 pm and I don't really think anyone will be online at this time. If your timezone is different, then note that it's 12:40 already, so I can do nothing but I will surely send the .aia of the app.

Okay, I got it

Maybe this method can be used :

sorry for now, there is still no way to do it because there are still some blocks that are not available

I did my best to explain everything, what are you having trouble with? (You do have to adopt a different mindset to the normal way of doing firebase things in AI2 :wink: )

Besides that, why would you want to use sub-tags, even though you can use regular tags which are easier and more comfortable to use? :face_with_monocle:

I have said it before

I know that, but I mean why do you want to create sub-tags when you can use regular tags, because those subtags can only work together as if a value is updated it has to update all, but if it is a regular tag you don't need to update all the values ​​that are used, and tags you only need to select one tag and edit the value in it without having to update all the values ​​in other tags.
I hope you can understand what I mean

Not sure why sub tags are a bad thing? That is the whole point of the firebase data structure.

I think you are right @TIMAI2, I hope you can make a project that can help on this topic :pray:
btw thank you :innocent:

This might help:

The tag structure in the 4 year old experimental app is an example of very fine grained data storage, for the game Rock Paper Scissors, capable of managing multiple matches and multiple players.

I haven't used Firebase in a while, maybe because the stock MIT emulator was too old to support it.
I can't vouch for the completion of the app, but the important thing to learn from it is how to build up Firebase tags by JOINing key parts separated by '/', avoiding storing lists, and by not worrying about redundant storage.

I will try both of your suggestions and tell.

Also

Hello, I think I found a different solution, I can simply add a "/" to create a subtag, thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.